Background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Welcome to AWOLGAMERS
Please sign in or Register
AWOLGAMERS: Forums

Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Blue_Code1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering if you fellas have any reviews on the new BF4 game that just came out. I was thinking that since you guys already have the game you can give those who don't have the game yet, or who are on the fence about ordering the game some insight on game play. Personally I prefer BFBC2 over any battlefeild game. I hated BF3 as it was no where near the greatness of BFBC2. So, have they pumped up BF4 and have they made it similar to BFBC2? Just wondering what thoughts those who have BFBC2 and BF3 have to say about the game. THANKS

BBoyShekki
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
hmm what made BFBC2 great for you?

First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, it feels more like BC2, in its pace. That being said, parts of it are distinctly BF3-esque.

I highly recommend it. It's a beautiful game, chock full of amazing and some good fun.

Let some of the BC2 guys say more though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
BBoyShekki wrote:
hmm what made BFBC2 great for you?

The pace of the game, the action, and the use of weapons and vehicles felt a lot different to me than the normal BF games. BF3 was too slow, and the use of weapons and other things in game were more difficult and slower to use than in BC2. I like BC2 for many reasons, but the faster pace and the ease of use compared to BF3 is the main reason. I also hate the prone posistion in bf3. Basically I'm just trying to get a feel for what the new BF4 is about because I wasted money in my mistake in buying BF3 as I only played the game maybe a dozen times and came right back to bfbc2.

otroud
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
actually u have it backwards. bf3 is alot faster paced than bc2. bf4 is a mix of the 2 and i love it it has great graphics and gameplay

Blue_Code1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
otroud wrote:
actually u have it backwards. bf3 is alot faster paced than bc2. bf4 is a mix of the 2 and i love it it has great graphics and gameplay

I didn't like bf3 i just couldnt get in the groove of things, and didn't like the way you sighted targets or the prone position. But since i'm banned and no one responded to my ban, and there are only 7 bc2 servers up right now for hard core, i think I may buy bf4. Just not sure yet, I really want to hear from the guys who were regulars on bfbc2 to see what they think of the new game. smh. I guess not to many awol clan members have the game yet. well, i'll be watching the forum. but thanks guys for the responses, I appreciate it.

Serpent
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
No ... Battlefield 4 Plays Just Like Battlefield 2

Simular to BC2 but not The Same pace

Bf4 is bf2 in 2013

View user's profileSend private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Serpent
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Bf4 is bf2 in 2013

View user's profileSend private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Blue_Code1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote
Serpent wrote:

Bf4 is bf2 in 2013

Do they have a hard core mode in bf4? and how is the game really? Is it just a bs vamped up version of bf3 or is it a great combo of bc2 and bf? I appreciate the input, bro because I really wasn't impressed one bit with bf3... thanks

hockeysense
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
The game as a whole looks amazing. There is no doubt that the graphics are incredible and the best of the Battlefield series. The maps are gorgeous and huge.

Unfortunately, I'm extremely disappointed with the functionality of the game. The domination maps ENCOURAGES camping -- not tactical game play. TDM and Squad DM are awful modes; people camp rampantly, which bogs the game down and allows snipers to just play on the edge of the map, restricting gamers to having to play in a very cramped conditions. In effect, we have M320s flying around the map to root out snipers, which does nothing as a deterrent.

I am not sure if I will continue playing Domination any more. I love Close Quarter game-play, but I strongly dislike the stat-padding whores who do nothing but stay in one spot an entire match and help no one. Those guys are the worst.

CiviIwar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
You can always come play conquest with me on Seattle Very Happy

Blue_Code1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
hockeysense wrote:
The game as a whole looks amazing. There is no doubt that the graphics are incredible and the best of the Battlefield series. The maps are gorgeous and huge.

Unfortunately, I'm extremely disappointed with the functionality of the game. The domination maps ENCOURAGES camping -- not tactical game play. TDM and Squad DM are awful modes; people camp rampantly, which bogs the game down and allows snipers to just play on the edge of the map, restricting gamers to having to play in a very cramped conditions. In effect, we have M320s flying around the map to root out snipers, which does nothing as a deterrent.

I am not sure if I will continue playing Domination any more. I love Close Quarter game-play, but I strongly dislike the stat-padding whores who do nothing but stay in one spot an entire match and help no one. Those guys are the worst.

Nice review, bro. great description!

ShadowViper
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I really hate the term camping. Not sure exactly what the point of domination is, don't own bf4 as of yet, but tdm/dm its about kills, well guess what waiting for some idiot to run around out in the open is a valid TACTIC. I am pretty sure no military or police force train their men to run around to find the opposition but to either slowly move to them with extreme caution or let said opposition come to them. Snipers especially are trained to be patient and methodical to stalk their target. Hell its even a basic instinct for a lot of animals to wait out their prey for the perfect moment to attack.

So if you got owned in a big open map cause you were out running around looking for a good time and someone blew your head off you didn't get out "camped" you simply got out played.

CiviIwar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
ShadowViper wrote:
I really hate the term camping. Not sure exactly what the point of domination is, don't own bf4 as of yet, but tdm/dm its about kills, well guess what waiting for some idiot to run around out in the open is a valid TACTIC. I am pretty sure no military or police force train their men to run around to find the opposition but to either slowly move to them with extreme caution or let said opposition come to them. Snipers especially are trained to be patient and methodical to stalk their target. Hell its even a basic instinct for a lot of animals to wait out their prey for the perfect moment to attack.

So if you got owned in a big open map cause you were out running around looking for a good time and someone blew your head off you didn't get out "camped" you simply got out played.

I have to agree with him. While some people do not like this tactic it is still valid play.

NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 am Reply with quote
ShadowViper wrote:

It has very little to do with being killed by campers as opposed to being the only player trying to cap a flag while a bunch of my teammates are camping.

View next topic
View previous topic