Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google+ Link To US
Background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Welcome to AWOLGAMERS
Please sign in or Register

AWOLGAMERS: Forums

Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED
WarriorBelgium
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

some things that need to be checked and maybe changed.

1) Fall damage ==> terrible.
2) Damage by wild dino's on buildings ==> can you put this OFF please
3) Taming time ==> most people work, we don't wanna tame 4 hours on it.

I just put a level 1040 a sleep and don't know how long it will take before he is tamed. But I need to go working after a few hours and don't have the time to sit next to it all the time.

I've got 15% taming after 2 hours. This is RIDICULOUS!!!
So, I needed to kill this high level animal.

And, I brought the Belgian players back here, but when the settings stay like this, then I don't know what they are going to do.

Hope to get an answer on this.

Click to enlarge image. 
ShadowViper
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
1) There is no specific fall damage, its tied to all damage the player does, this has been increased for over a year now, on the island server its lower than what it was in the past year, on the ragnorak I believe its the same.

2) Are you asking in a PVE game for the environment (aka dino's) not to do damage?

3) There is a big range of levels of dinos, clearly your trying to tame something of a higher level, if you do not have the time to try for that then start smaller. This is the game mechanics designed by the devs and we have still softened it by a lot, at the same time have it set for someone who can spend the extra time or for those who can work together to be rewarded. It is up to the player to decide what they can accomplish in the time they have available, instead of just allowing everyone to claim the max level everything easily.

WarriorBelgium
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
Ok ShadowViper,

That's why there are all over abandoned bases because people are shocked by the taming time. 8 or 9 hours to tame a dino. Be serious.
So the advance to tame high level dino's is only for people that are to lazy to go to work and can spend all day and night to tame a dino.

Well, good luck i would say with your settings. I'm even sure you even don't play it.

But no problem.
I know what to do now. I pull everyone from Belgium back out of the server.
It has no sense to talk with you about that. You always come with the same explanation.

Click to enlarge image. 
EpicZenon
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
Hey Warrior!

I changed the tame times to match those on the Ragnarok server. You are correct, not everyone has hours upon hours to tame something. Sure, myself that works 8-10 hours a day and has no family living with me can spend 6-7 hours a night taming something where someone that works and has a family cannot. Why should people that work and have a life be stuck with low levels while others get the high levels!!

Tame rate is 8
Food consumption is 1.5

For example to tame a 1200 Rex with the old settings it would have takes 3 hours and 46 minutes with raw mutton. With the new settings it will take 1 hour and 43 minutes

Now with those setting Brontos and Quetzals will take a lot longer than the Rex. It's hard to set a good time as everything has a different tame time. Tank, Waldo and myself will try to find a good balance after Thanksgiving.

Structure decay has also been change to match the Ragnarok server.

Fall damage cannot be changed as it is set as low as it can be without turning it off as it would make it so you don't take damage from anything. It also matches the Ragnarok server.

Cheers,
Epic.

WarriorBelgium
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Ok Epic. This explanation has more sense to me.

Thank you.

Click to enlarge image. 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED

View next topic
View previous topic