Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google+ Link To US
Background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Welcome to AWOLGAMERS
Please sign in or Register

AWOLGAMERS: Forums

Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2
sheptar
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
(Disclaimer: this will serve as a very basic addition to the [new] admin handbook, but shall not serve to replace it.)

Maybe you've just been promoted to Corporal and you are a Co-Admin in Teamspeak, or maybe you've been around awhile but have recently taken an interest in helping run our servers. Whatever the case, everyone is new to ProCon at some point and needs to become familiar with it. As a Co-Admin, you'll be considered a Moderator and have limited access on ProCon. Consider it a trial period. When you advance to Staff Sergeant and gain Admin in Teamspeak, your permissions will change (if they don't, see Waldo).

Some tips to help you get by (this is not a complete list; see me to have it updated):

1- Be polite. This is very basic advice but it goes a long way. We all rage at some points, but you should do your best to remain polite as a mod/admin. Refrain from getting sucked in to arguments in general chat, regularly being vulgar, and punishing indiscriminately. I know I have my days where I'm more strict than usual, but always strive to be professional in this role.

2- Listen, watch, and ask questions. It takes time to learn the functions of ProCon, what you have the ability to do/not do, what our clan protocols are, etc. Listen to other Admins in Teamspeak discuss a ban or background check. Ask what they're doing and how they're doing it. Watch the general chat for indications of cheating, abusive players, and the like. If an Admin makes a ban or kicks a player, take note of how theirs may differ from other Admins and ask why. Helping run a server has its nuances and they aren't always written down. If you're going to intervene in something or take action against a player, do your best to communicate with any other potential Mods/Admins that may be monitoring the server before you do so. This should alleviate double punishment and ganging up on our players.

3- There's an order for things. We owe it to our players, often international and with language barriers, to warn before punishing (Google Translate?). Depending on your mood, you may choose to warn twice rather than once. Maybe it's a bad day and you consider the prompt in chat to type "!rules" when people join the server to be sufficient warning (go take a break =P). In any case: warn, kick/mute, temp ban/perm ban. Mutes and temp bans should be logged. When making bans, please use the following format: Reason...Player...Date. (example: Hacking/cheating...NewBC2User...6/26/16) If you have the options in ProCon set correctly, your name will auto-fill at the end. Also, remember that bans should reflect server time, which is in Chicago, Illinois (IL), USA, even if the evidence is based in your local time. If you're unsure of what time zone that is, please look it up in whatever manner is most convenient to you. That will help to alleviate any potential miscommunication.

4- Protocols change. We don't admin the servers the same way we did when the game was first released. Some tools we used regularly no longer work. Personally I've tried to think outside the box and try to find creative ways to catch cheaters and I welcome the same from others. Learn what worked in the past, what kind of works, and what is still reliable.

5- Spread the word! You're more than just a normal gamer now and you've taken on a role to help our community. You're also a larger ambassador for AWOL Gamers now. Use that to help our community grow. Inviting people from game into Teamspeak is halfway in getting them to apply for membership. I like to feel them out for a few days before asking their interest in an application. It's also very noticeable and reflects very well on promotional standards. *bump*

6- You can help by doing almost nothing. (click link to see secured post)

7- ProCon shortcuts! The admin handbook lists some of these, but these are what I use. With these you can right-click on a player's name, select "Stats Lookup", and they'll open in a new webpage. To edit these (4 max), go to Tools in the upper-right of ProCon -> Options.. -> Stats-Links tab. Highlight each line and hit the red "X" on the right. Add the lines below in the "URL" box, give it a name, and click the "+" on the right.

-http://www.team-des-fra.fr/CoM/%game%.php?p=%player_name% - Cheat-O-Meter
-http://i-stats.net/index.php?action=pcheck&player=%player_name%&game=%game% - i-Stats (often linked to Metabans - use w/ discretion)
-http://history.anticheatinc.com/bc2/?searchvalue=%player_name%&searchtype=1&searchlimit=1&blm=01&bld=01&bly=2006&bhm=04&bhd=22&bhy=2016&searchorder=DESC - ACI (will not work on names with spaces. remove spaces in the search bar on the webpage that opens and run the search again)
-http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/mpi-guid-search-%player_PBguid%-36.html&showLG=yes&showAT=yes&safeview=no - PBBans (must have an account, must be signed in)

In ending: ProCon is a tool (a buggy one) and a priveledge, but it is not a right. Abusing the priveledge and/or acting in ignorance to the admin handbook may/will result in disciplinary measures, up to and including removal of ProCon access. (If you're a careful reader, by now you've seen the admin handbook referenced four times. That's a "subtle" indicator that it's important. If you don't understand some part of it, ask around. If you want to see it ammended in some manner, bug your Senior Admins [SA].)

Last edited by sheptar on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:05 am; edited 6 times in total 
sheptar
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Updated 6/26/16.

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Updated 9/7/16. (find the changes yourself =P)

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Updated 11/24/16 (#6).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2

View next topic
View previous topic