Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google+ Link To US
Background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Welcome to AWOLGAMERS
Please sign in or Register

AWOLGAMERS: Forums

Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
BrOK3N
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
Just recently I have had my hotmail (E-Mail) account hacked! My hotmail (e mail) account was linked to my Steam account. Because hotmail was hacked all my information A.K.A. my name, my name, date of birth and my secret question was changed. If you have a Hotmail account and it is linked to your Steam account PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for your sake change your password and information security question the works! Also with that make sure you always have a linked account with steam or EA or any other company or place you buy games or anything with, so if something happens and you lose your account, or get hacked, you can always have your information sent to your linked account!

All said and done I lost around $400 dollar in software games through steam, all from a hacked email, that was linked to my steam account and no way to recover it!!!!!!!!! So please always protect yourself and always have an alternate way of recovering an account by having a secondary linked email.

I hope that this experience will never happen to anyone else and always protect yourself!

BrOK3N,
Over and Out.

NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
thanks for the heads up. im fortunate that i do not have hotmail accounts.

BrOK3N
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
OK. So I have some good news. I finally recovered my hotmail account after three days. I tried everything from resetting my password to trying to recover my account due to being hacked. I called Microsoft Customer service today after exhausting all other options. I told them that I was a victim of fraud and that I have done everything possible to recover my account. I was a somewhat longer conversation that anticipated, however, they ended up sending an e mail address of mine a verification to reset all my information to hotmail. Thank God!!!! I was able to recover steam and everything linked to my hotmail account. So if anyone ever needs help with that, you know who to turn to. HOOAH!

This is BrOK3N never backing down,
Over and Out!

Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 am Reply with quote
Glad you got it all back!

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I am glad u got ur accts back . That is a scary scenario . I had my email highjacked a while back and unfortunately this BC2 is tied to it and it wont let me switch my email acct . I had left my FB and YAHOO logged in b4 exiting the pages. I am wary of STEAM which is why I have 2 accts so I cld spread my gamz out , just in case sum1 steals 1 , I will still have 1/2 my gamz Smile Thanks forda "heads up" Cool

BlackArrow
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
you canalways show to steam, the payments. that is the prove that you are the right owner of it. becouse they can see the time and ID number, when they check that they can see what game went to whats account.

First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Sorry u had issues.Ive heard of that issue befor which means it is a good idea to have a back up plan always....
Glad you got all your shit back...

DaGamingWolf
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Hotmail is unfortunately notoriously easy to hack. i never use nor should anyone else. same goes for yahoo.

View user's profileSend private message AIM Address Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
darkkiller18
Banned from AWOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Broken did you get a confirmation from Hotmail asking you to verify your account by logging from Hotmail. A few days before the incident took place?

NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Why Did You Necro This -.-

Look At the Date lol

View user's profileSend private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
KYL0N
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
darkkiller18 wrote:
Broken did you get a confirmation from Hotmail asking you to verify your account by logging from Hotmail. A few days before the incident took place?

I don't know if you are asking him because you are just curious... or you are asking because you have been asked to confirm your hotamil...the answer to the latter is:

We all get the hotmail account conformation request ...asking you to use another E-mail to confirm your info is correct.
If this was not a hotmail conformation it would be all over the net about the hoax conformation.

Hope this helps you darkkiller18

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 am Reply with quote
If you didn't know that's called cracking accounts. If you use the same password for every website it's not weird that you get hacked. The hackers get a database of a random website and then they just check millions of combinations on a certain website. They are guranteed to get at least some hits.

View next topic
View previous topic