Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google+ Link To US
Background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Welcome to AWOLGAMERS
Please sign in or Register

AWOLGAMERS: Forums

Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION - OFF TOPIC LOUNGE
MinisterPhobia
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
So, I just did a stream to show off Empyrion to an AWOL member. I kinda enjoyed it. I'm considering doing more streams.

Would it be possible to get a Streaming Specific channel where I can password protect it when I'm streaming so that only the people who are supposed to be in there with me for the stream can get in?

That's just one idea, I'm sure there's other ways to go about it. The core of it, though, is that I'd like a channel where any conversation that is happening is specific to the stream, not the more general chat that often goes on in the Empyrion channel.

I don't have any specific plans for streaming as of yet. I've considered it for a long time, but, I've never found anything that really interested me, until now... I think I like the idea of streaming to promote AWOL and AWOL Servers.

Anyways, yeah. Let me know what you think!

Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:27 am Reply with quote
We don't allow private/locked channels, except for the admin ones, because we have had issues in the past with it. There is a streaming tag that is required when doing so, and you can put it on yourself when you need to. As for the channel, I would suggest using one of the unused Empyrion channels or one of the gaming rooms and with the tag people should understand. If there is a problem just remind them your streaming and if they could keep chat to game specific, if it continues poke an admin and they will put a stop to it.

Lastly if you are going to stream in a channel that already has people in it, ask in channel if its ok for you to stream with them as some people may not want to be part of the stream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION - OFF TOPIC LOUNGE

View next topic
View previous topic