Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Google+ Link To US
Background
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Welcome to AWOLGAMERS
Please sign in or Register

AWOLGAMERS: Forums

Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2
Sinful1
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
Built a new PC this year. Running windows 10, and 9 times out of 10, when playing, my game just freezes. Sometimes it crashes to desktop. but normally, I have to CTRL+ALT+DLT to the task manager screen and just reboot. I have tried changing the affinity, running games settings on low, but I am out of ideas and extremely frustrated. Anyone have any solutions?

Darklua
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Try to change your directx to 9 but ask Superstar about it, he told me to change it and and my game works perfectly.

Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote

Otroud
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I would suggest getting something like furmark a gpu/cpu testing program if you run the stress test and your card does the graphics then its fine.(its always good to verify they are working properly firsthand) it helped me verify that my card works. it also has a cpu burn tester to verify cpu's as well. I just RMA my card and was doing similar stuff. I would launch a game and it would play for a second then lockup id haveta reboot. tested my card and it was doing it on every test so i added a gt 440 and nothing was wrong so verify'ing can save you time.

if they both come back fine then its most likely a software issue. baddad that post was made before windows 10 even came out that was around windows 8.1 so that might not be the issue sounds to me like his video card is on its way out.

Are you using a new card what card do you use and how long have you had it?

DontBlink
NO LONGER IN AWOL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
Sinful1 wrote:
Built a new PC this year. Running windows 10, and 9 times out of 10, when playing, my game just freezes. Sometimes it crashes to desktop. but normally, I have to CTRL+ALT+DLT to the task manager screen and just reboot. I have tried changing the affinity, running games settings on low, but I am out of ideas and extremely frustrated. Anyone have any solutions?

Had the same issue, changed the settings to run DirectX 9 instead of auto. Solved the issues for me.

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
Yup, as DB posted. I also had an issue with obsolete drivers. I had to go in the Device manager and manually search for updates for all devices on the computer in order to fix it.

Sinful1
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote
MSI Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 R9 390 GAMING 8G 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video

Had this card since May.

Pensive
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
Did you try things in the post Colbaddad posted? Also little known but bad "Audio" drivers can cause bc2 freezes and crashes so if on-board audio verify chip set and audio drivers (available from motherboard manufacturers site) are up to date. But try the stuff i posted here also http://www.awolgamers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14226

Otroud
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
do any of have windows 10? that issue you guys were talking about was supposed to be fixed with 10. when that issue came up yall had windows 8 or 8.1. when they released 10 they also released directx12. it cant be a directx issue being that directx12 fixed all of that.

Sinful1
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
I changed a setting that Pensive suggested, and I am going to try to play for a while today.

As far as DirectX9, I can't run that because I have Windows 10, you have to have an older version of Windows to run DirectX9

WarriorBelgium
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
Sinful1, is you screen connected to your videocard onboard, or at the extra one you installed in your computer?

Click to enlarge image. 
Pensive
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
Sinful1 wrote:
I changed a setting that Pensive suggested, and I am going to try to play for a while today.

As far as DirectX9, I can't run that because I have Windows 10, you have to have an older version of Windows to run DirectX9

DirectX does not work that way sinful1, You can use the max DirectX your Operating system supports but you also use every version below that and various games already use different versions than others and BFBC2 was designed around DX9 and as such is is the best version to use with it. There are more than 40 DirectX releases and when you install the latest one it typically installs all the previous ones also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AWOLGAMERS Forum Index -> BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2

View next topic
View previous topic